|One Hour Taster for
Environmental Practioner Programme...
This One Hour Taster
This taster shows how an environmental practitioner can
develop environmental awareness of the problems
check out relevant information to
carry out an environmental risk assessment, then
All our online materials are written for competence-based assessment and have been piloted among small, medium and large companies. The materials have been written to comply where possible with existing national training standards (see the national environment training framework), or for internal continuing professional development. The Environmental Practitioner Programme is suitable for candidates at Advanced Level (or level 3 in NVQ speak).
1. You may like to start by testing what your know about environmental matters at work with an interactive quiz. (5-10 mins)
2. Have a look at the contents of the first of 3 Units of learning. An important element of the EPP is how we determine environmental impacts. To that effect, we have selected the section Major Environmental Impacts and the specific impacts on atmosphere, (10-20 mins)
3. You will find that there are 'pop up's' that give you a 'factoid' and 'more info' buttons that lead to further in depth information - here concerning climate change. Throughout the programme you can access other relevant web sites to dig deeper about each of the environmental issues. We have permission to link with over 60 other organisations. (5-10 mins)
4. Throughout the activities encourage learning by doing. E.g How do our actions impact at local, regional and global levels? Activity 1.1 helps you do just that. You work out the possible impacts when carrying out an everyday activity - making a cup of tea. As you progress the activities become progressively more practical and workplace related. (10 -20 mins)
5. Unit 2 equips environmental practitioners with key terms used at work. One of the first things to do is clarify the meaning of "aspects" and "impacts", so there is an interactive drop and drag game to help give you confidence when using these words. (10-20mins)
6. Unit 3 turns environmental policies into work practices and is based on a set of nine principles for environmental improvement. People check out how principles become practices and then take steps to carry out environmental practices - hence the name of the Environmental Practitioner Programme. (10 - 20 mins)
Find out about the rest of the EPP contact us for further information. To keep abreast of environmental e-learning developments, subscribe (free) to 'Impacts' - EP@W's on-line bulletin. We hope this gives you a feel for the style and content.
© 2003 EP@W Publishing Co Ltd