Carry out a simple transport audit to include
|Is there a transport policy?
Is there LESS mileage allowance for larger cars?
Is there any Car sharing?
Is there efficient route planning
Have the following been discussed?
* change work patterns to reduce car journeys
* develop the use of greener fuels
* encourage cycling and walking to work by improving facilities, including pool bikes and electric bikes available
* encourage cycling by implementing loans and discounts for bikes and equipment
* transport options that are available
There is a union call for government action to promote partnerships between the railways and the outside world by developing partnership frameworks, funding and “template agreements” to reduce complexity. More from Unite